This message was sent to all faculty and instructional academic staff from Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning John Zumbrunnen. School and college deans, academic associate deans and department chairs were copied.
Dear Instructional Colleagues,
As we move through the middle of the semester, I want to share reminders about our new Center for Teaching, Learning and Mentoring, and submitting midterm grades, as well as some information and resources to support and share with your students.
Resources & Reminders for Instructors
- Center for Teaching, Learning and Mentoring – A reminder that our new Center for Teaching, Learning and Mentoring is available to support all instructors including teaching assistants. From one-on-one consultations to a variety of professional development offerings, please connect with our team if you need support.
- Midterm Grades – Also, a reminder that instructors can submit midterm grades using Faculty Center in MyUW through Monday, Oct. 25 (11:59pm). Only first-year students will be on your midterm grade roster; other students will not be listed. Midterm grades can help your first-year students assess their academic progress, and can help advisors connect with those who may need additional support.
Info and Resources to Support & Share with Students
- Flexibility for Students in Quarantine or Absent for Health-Related Reasons – The university continues to encourage students who are feeling ill not to attend class. Please continue to be flexible with, and supportive of, students who are unable to attend class for these reasons so that they can continue to follow this important public health guidance without adverse effects on their academic performance.
- Mental Health Resources – Find a summary of health-related resources for students in this recent message from me and Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Lori Reesor. A similar, separate message was sent to all teaching assistants.
- Student Campus Climate Survey – Please help encourage students to complete our 2021 Campus Climate Survey. The survey will remain open through Monday, Nov. 8. Students should have received an email from the chancellor earlier this week (10/18) with more details. Find more information about the survey, consider sharing this slide in class and direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Masking Reminder – The measures we’ve been taking on campus to protect against COVID-19, including wearing masks indoors and frequently washing/sanitizing hands, are working, and need to continue. Please help remind students to keep up these practices.
Thanks so much for all you continue to do for the university, and for our students!